1 September 2013

HOF Fashion Getaways Blogger Challenge

House of Fraser are running a competition to win some vouchers and to enter you needed to create a a key outfit, beauty look or room inspired by by one of the iconic fashion capitals: London, Paris, Milan, New York, or Tokyo.

I thought I'd give it a go, so here is a room inspired by one of those cities, can you guess which one?
"For me, this city is about life, it's about energy, colour, fun and being at the heart of technology."

My Chosen Items


I love these two beautiful pieces from the Living collection by Christiane Lemieux; the blackbird five drawer dresser and the blackbird bookcase. I usually like oriental patterns because of their floral and feminine designs, but this is understated which gives it a modern edge. I particularly like how unusual the design of the dresser is; almost fountain shaped!


The Linea 'Lennox' sofa and Linea 'Lennox' chair have a modern but fluid shape which I think captures the essence of this city. I love the contrast of the wooden feet within these pieces.


For me, this city has a cartoon association so I went with that and I just really love how unusual the Linea Speech bubbles wall art is. I think it would add a lot of fun to a room. Again, I've mentioned that this is a capital that thrives on technological advancement and I love Twitter, so I just had to include this hashtag ornament!

To add the fun of the city into the room, I thought I'd liven it up with some bright accessories: cushions (Winona cushion and bright clock design flocked cushion), a Linea pink magnolia floral arrangement, Linea Ikat stripe dark teal curtains and a Present Time rainbow numbers wall clock. I think they contrast but co-ordinate at the same and there's still some pink without the design being too feminine.

This capital is known for it's lights so I knew I had to include some form of amazing lighting and I chose this block table lamp because it's something that's very modern.And the hollow squares will allow more light to be absorbed into the room.

And... staying Savvy, House of Fraser's Blue Cross Sale has been extended until tonight.

-Naomi :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, why not get involved? Pop us a comment, we'd love to hear what you think!